Blokss Operational service and Support would gladly advise you by using a SMED analysis about the optimization of your production process. A SMED analysis is useful in finding possibilities to optimize cleaning times and change-over time.
SMED – invented by Shigeo Shingo of Toyota – stands for “Single Minute Exchange of Die” and belongs to the method of LEAN.
SMED aims at reducing machine change-over and cleaning times to decrease waiting times.
Within this method, there are 7 easy to understand steps:
- Observing the current process.
- Seperating external and internal change-over activities. Internal activities can only be executed when the system is stopped, while external activities can be executed when the machines are running.
- Converting internal activities to external activities.
- Streamlining internal activities; simplify if possible
- Streamlining external activities
- Documenting the new process and possible future improvement points.
- Repeating this method.
With a SMED analysis, Blokss always first investigates the bottleneck in the production process. By identifying and improving the bottleneck, efficiency and cost reduction are within reach.
MORE INFO AND CONTANT
For every building block, Blokss has one or more unique work-modules. If you are interested in a SMED analysis for your process:
Contact one of our professionals today by dialing 0031 (0)412 40 40 36 and let us find out what we can do for you.
Next to helping you achieving the desired results, we provide you with the right techniques and methods to guarantee your results!
DON’T HASITATE TO VISIT OUR OFFICE
5341 KM OSS
Telephone: 0031 (0)412 – 40 40 36